Looking Forward: National Youth Arts Week 2014
Screen printed t-shirts with remixed logos by youth at St Christophers House for the Launch Party at the Art Gallery of Ontario
As our team prepares for National Youth Arts Week 2014, we look back to review all that young Canadians have done in celebration and find ourselves amazed at the level of energy, creativity, community engagement, leadership and diversity of events that youth have executed, driven by their passion for the arts.
The year is coming to an end and the new year is just around the corner - and so is National Youth Arts Week, 2014! Youth all across the country are anticipating and preparing for the next huge celebration of youth arts in communities all across Canada - its going to be amazing!
In the interim, join us for a walk down memory lane and see what Canada's youth arts community made happen during National Youth Arts Week 2013!
first, some fun facts:
• 700+ people attended the AGO and AGNS Launch
• 200+ youth across Canada were featured on our livestream
• 50 events compiled to make one event huge event called Rebel Mississauga, ON,
• Iqaluit, NV, most number of events per capita
Throwback to 2013
Check out some photos, art contributions and social media from NYAW 2013!
• Interview by CKLB Radio's Denendeh in Yellowknife, NWT, with NYAW Youth Coordinator Zondra Roy, Saskatoon, SK
• Interview by CBC's Abraham Tagalik with NYAW Youth Coordinator Pascale Arpin, Iqaluit, NU
• M.T.L. performing in Quebec for NYAW 2013
• Art Gallery of Nova Scotia
• Ripples to Waves, Bridgewater, NS
• YMCA of Greater Toronto
• Culture Days, Canada
• The Sheaf, University of Saskatchewan's student newspaper
• The Northern Sun News, Red Lake, Ear Falls, and Northwestern Ontario
• Highriver Online, High River, AB
• South Shore Now, Lunenberg, NS
• Nexus Youth Services, Mississauga, ON
• The Algoma News, Algoma, ON